Celebrities aren’t the only ones making changes to their faces and fighting a good fight against the human aging process. The average woman or man can do the same without the use of surgery. The laser face lift is just one of the most commonly used methods to achieve smoother, more beautiful skin.
How It Works
The laser facelift is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that utilizes laser technology to better the appearance of your facial skin. This is done by resurfacing the outermost layers of the skin through the use of heat (known as infra-red light) from the laser, which gently “burns away” fine lines and wrinkles or makes them less noticeable. While this isn’t a painful procedure, it can cause irritation to the skin and plastic surgeons recommend avoiding sun light to prevent swelling of the face as well as the use of pain killers once the procedure is done. The laser face lift technique can be used on particular areas of the face, such as the forehead, around the mouth, under the eyes, or it can be used on the entire facial area.
Here are some of the benefits of the laser face lift:
- Laser usage allows for more controlled depth treatment and can be used to focus in on particular parts of the face (around the mouth, under the eyes, the forehead, etc) or the entire face can be treated
- Firms the collagen matrix beneath the skin’s surface, which results in a greater aesthetic enhancement
- Reduced appearance of wrinkles and fine facial lines
- Recovery time is not lengthy
- Does not require the use of general anesthesia, resulting in lowered side effects
- Procedure requires little time to be performed
Complications that are commonly seen include:
- swelling of the face
- permanent changes in skin pigmentation
While any of these side effects may be experienced by those who have a laser facelift procedure performed, there are certain people who are not considered optimal candidates for the procedure at all. That group of people consists of those with darker toned skin, acne prone or sensitive skin.
Laser Face Lift Cost
The laser face lift cost is only a small portion of what a surgical face lift would run you. However, the cost differs by surgeon, geographic location, payment method and how much work you choose to have done to your face